Zephrym has only twenty minutes to live before his proverbial clock stops ticking. In these twenty minutes he puts together a story composed of journal entries, letters, and recollections of his life, to be given to his unborn child. Ilia, the love of his life, and the mother of his child is in suspended animation in hopes to survive a massive power loss in the far reaches of space. Will Zephrym survive to see his child come into this world? Is there enough power in the ship to sustain Ilia's cryogenic sleep?

Friday, April 15, 2011

More on Chapter 4

I managed to write some more for chapter 4 tonight. I decided to go with writing an outline instead of working on even more character development this time. When I started writing this chapter I was caught by something I read over on my friend Jim's blog over at http://jsickels3.blogspot.com. It was actually a reference to how Stephen King writes from his book "On Writing"
I was thinking about if I was watching a movie, how would I want this to pan out. I think I have finally gotten over the hump I was at in the chapter.
For those of you reading this chapter was a little slower at first, but should pick up speed towards the end.

I mentioned my friend Jim, Jim just recently finished his first book and you can pick it up on your kindle or nook, look for James Sickels The Seventh Horn. Check out the links below.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug, sir! We'll definitely have to get together and talk books, etc. sometime.

    ReplyDelete